Sunday 7 August 2011

10 reasons why I love recovery.

Hello :)
I've been restricting myself over the weekend... Again.
I know it needs to stop but at least it's only for the weekend, weekdays I eat pretty much according to my food plan set by my nutritionist.
I've also been excessively counting calories, it's so hard to stop because I don't even catch myself doing it until it's too late! Does anyone have any advice on this? (much appreciated!)
On the mental/moody front I've been really good, the whole 'i need to stay happy' attitude thing has really helped me... Be happy? ;)
Training is still sucking but I think it's just one of those phases you go through, I'm stronger than ever and feeling great when I'm running, I just haven't been able to hit and hold onto good times. I think I'm just being impatient :)
My first comp for the season is in about 5 weeks in Sydney which is pretty nerve-racking, last time I ran was at my worst stage of ED so I'm really nervous to see how I go now that I'm healthy again! I'm also feeling kind of worried about being in a crop top/ running Knicks again but i guess I'll just have to try and get past that.
I thought I'd make a bit of a list of why I love ED recovery since I tend to focus on why I hate it and thought i would share it with you:
1. I'm so much stronger (which will equate to faster come track season)
2. I dont feel hungry all the time
3. I don't get that dizzy/fainting feeling when my blood sugar is really low
4. Im actually supposed to eat that yummy (insert sweet food here) occasionally
5. I can eat the yummy things I cook AND know it's not doing me harm, it's actually making me healthier (I LOVE cooking!)
6. I can help other people get better too
7. I judge people on their happiness, not on their weight or how they look (because honestly, it doesn't matter!)
8.I go to bed at night looking forward the breakfast in the morning
9. I've realized how much people care about me (thanks mummy and my coach!)
10. I have a freaking 6-pack :) :) (hahahahaha)

Stay strong <3
courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment